Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Imaging USA

It is so nice to be home where it is sunny and warm. I just returned from a week long trip to Imaging USA- Professional Photographers of America's annual convention. It was held in Nashville, Tennessee where it was overcast and freezing, literally!  It was record setting weather.   The convention was held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and so we only needed to venture outside for sightseeing.(which we only had time for two quick trips- one to see the Ryland Auditorium, the previous home of the Grand Ole Opry, and The Hermitage-  President Andrew Jackson's home).


  The convention was incredible.  I spent four days in classes soaking up information from the leading experts in the industry.  Every year I learn something new and wonderful that helps me grow as an artist and business owner. I have always loved learning and truly believe there is always room to grow and learn. I also previewed many exciting new products from vendors. There are some wonderful products being released this year.  I am so excited to begin to implement many of the new techniques that I learned.

We did not have much free time, just a snipet here and there.  Saturday we went to downtown Nashville and saw the former home of the Grand Ole Opry.  We had a 2 for 1 discount so we took the backstage tour.  Because of the weather we were the only ones there, even though it was a Saturday, so we had a personal tour.  Kind of cool.  We then ate at this great BBQ place called Jacks next door.  I had the Tennessee pulled pork.  I think I was in heaven.  Yummmy!  We then headed back to the hotel for classes.  The rest of the time was spent in classes or on the tradeshow floor except for the 2.5 hours we took to go tour the Herimate on Tuesday. We didn't have time to see all of it but we did see most of it.  It was so interesting.  I love touring historical homes and learning about our country's history.

To see more check out Amy Lee Photography on Facebook!

Ryland Auditorium:


My cute husband Mike- the tech guy of the company!



The Gaylord Opryland Resort:


This was the view from our room.  We received a free upgrade (much better view than of the parking lot!)


This is inside the hotel- there are giant atriums that connect the room buildings.

The Hermitage:  Home of President Andrew Jackson.  It was under restoration on the exterior while we were there.  The home has original 1836 wall paper and furniture.  Very fascinating. It was very cold but worth it.
This is the back of the home- the front was overed in tarps and scaffolding.
The burial location of Andrew Jackson and his wife.

The side of the home looking from the garden.

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Yee haw! Looks busy but fun...hope you are recovering from "vacation."

Amber said...

That is awesome that you went. It's an inspiration to see you really go after what you love. That is the good life for sure.

Denise said...

Looks beautiful even if it was cold! I'm glad you enjoyed it--what a fun trip.