Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Birthday Boy!

So ALL and I mean ALL my son has asked for for his birthday for MONTHS is a black suit and tie. Yes you read me right a SUIT for a seven year old. And it HAD to be black because most missionaries wear black. I couldn't resist- I hunted one down and luckily found it on a good sale. Oh and the tie HAD to be a real tie- he refuses to wear clip on or slide ties. So he got to open a present before church on his birthday. He put the suit on and did not take it off until bedtime. Literally. Not even the suit coat. Although I did make him take the coat off while making cupcakes and when eating. And I made him wear an apron. poor boy. But the coat went right back on as soon as he was done. He asked everyone if it looked better buttoned or unbuttoned. He couldn't decide. I think he would have slept in it if I had let him. He looks so great in it. I want to say sooo cute but I think he would rather me say he looks handsome. And he does. Can we tell him to stop growing up? I love my cute little boy!


Our great hometeacher and his daughter brought him a mini ice cream cake. He loved it! He ate it instead of his cupcakes he had to have :) We love our hometeacher!

Yes, grandma and grandpa gave him a remote control tarantula for his birthday. I think his favorite thing about it was how it freaked out his twelve year old sister!

So we got him this yummy ice cream cake for his birthday. Which he was excited about. But he insisted on having chocolate cake also, so his sisters helped him make and decorate chocolate cupcakes to go with it. Of course he didn't have one until the next day because he had to eat his two ice cream cakes, lol!

We are blessed to have him in our family!


Yeah yeah, I am WAY behind- Oh well.

3 comments:

Deidre said...

Well we sure had fun--sorry we stayed so long afterward! But we did enjoy talking with just you and Mike. :)

Nadia said...

Jared,
We missed it and I am so sorry. I was very embarrassed when I looked on here and found that I had messed up big time. Please know that we love you and will make it up to you soon.

Trevlyn said...

He is so very handsome in his suit! No wonder he didn't want to part with it!