Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

My late post about Easter!


I have more pictures from this weekend but they are on a different camera that I haven't downloaded yet. YES I am VERY behind in my personal life what can I say!

We had my friend Audra's kids for Easter as Travis was in the hospital from a basketball injury (don't worry he is fine now!) We had a GREAT EASTER. I loved being able to help someone out on Easter. There is something about being able to give service on a day that we celebrate Him and the Atonement that just felt right to me. And it was fun to share our Easter traditions with such good friends. And the kids LOVED it!


This is our Easter dinner-my mom provided the yummy pork roast and the rolls. Homemade red skinned mashed potatoes, YUM! and asparagus and salad. With homemade strawberry, lemon and chocolate pies for dessert.


We have a Easter tradition that we have been doing for quite a few years now. Instead of the Easter bunny coming to visit we fill eggs with the parts for our Easter program (it is from the FHE manual Easter lesson He is Risen) and some candy. Grandpa and Dad always hide the eggs and then the kids go find them. You get to read the parts that you find (with some redistribution to make sure everyone has parts and that it isn't to hard for them to read, although Wild child can read just about anything now) Because we had a larger crowd I had to borrow some eggs from Audra (I will get them back to you I promise!) Princess and Sunshine filled the eggs this year. They did a FANTASTIC job!





I admit finding that many baskets took a bit of searching the house. I was surprised I own that many! They then were able to go hunt the eggs. Bam Beana helped Sweetie find her eggs so I don't think she got many of her own but didn't mind. I think for her the helping was far more fun than the eggs! Dad and Papa Kent hid them in some silly places. The funny thing is the egg on the little bike was one of the last ones to be found. I think it is interesting that we often don't look for what we seek in the obvious places.



Posted by Picasa


We then had our program. Audra was able to join us for that and pie. While it was a little louder than normal the spirit was still there so strong. I am so grateful for the gift of the Atonement and for our Saviors love for each and every one of us. I have a testimony that He knows us and our needs and is always there for us.
I promise Grandma and Grandpa were here I just apparently didn't get them in any pics, lol!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Sounds like a fabulous Easter!

Audra said...

Thanks again for taking my kids in like family.

Easter was fun - considering. Thanks for all you do.