Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rappelling- Thanksgiving

Well I am ridiculously behind and will probably post lots out of order and leave lots out but at least I am posting, lol!

Over Thanksgiving break my brother came to visit my parents (and us). Since he is the one who got my husband hooked on rappelling e had to go while he was here of course.  So we went on Thanksgiving morning to Coons Bluff.  The fall colors were beautiful and it wasn't too crowded.  We took forever though as setting up takes a while and then Dustin had to teach all of us who haven't gone before what to do.  Thanks Dustin!

Narrowing it down is torture.  If you want to see more go to my facebook page :) (Mike you can just get on my computer to see :) )


 Coons Bluff and the Salt River
 Headed up!
 The leaves were changing.  It was beautiful.

 The kids started out on a short practice run

 Gina made it down the big wall also I just didn't catch it on film.  The boys just did the short one.


 view from the top

 Its a long way down!  This is my brother Dustin who was kind enough to teach us all!


 Wild Child took this photo of me.


yup thats me!


 Silly Papa Kent
 Dustin decided to try and go down as fast as he could in as few hops as possible.  His hands and the rope got a little hot.

Thanks Dustin it was great!  We then wnet home and had thanksgiving dinner.  We took so long that we ate dinner in our rappelling clothes, but Thanksgiving dinner was Yummy!!! We used my mom's wedding china.  So pretty!

1 comment:

Trevlyn said...

What fun! I'm impressed with the skills and bravery! Great scenic photos, and I especially like the one of you! He's following in your photography footsteps! :)