For my college roommate Kate- here is the recipe
No picture as they got eaten without me taking a picture last time I made them but I love these. So yummy I have been known to eat leftovers for breakfast.
Sour Cream Apple Squares
From my mom I don't know where she got the recipe from
2c flour (I use whole wheat)
2c brown sugar
1c butter
1 c chopped nuts (any kind I am sure walnuts would be yummy but as I am allergic I usually use almonds or go without)
1-2 tsp cinnamon (really at least 2- love cinnamon)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1c dairy sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2c finely chopped peeled apples ( I heard it works great with rehydrated dried apples from food storage- still need to try it- my kids love apples so we always have fresh on hand)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. In large bowl, combine four, brown sugar and butter. Blend at low speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan. To remaining mixture add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla, and egg. Mix well. Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over base. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped cream (or vanilla ice cream :)
Okay now this is making me want to make them again even though I had them on Friday. So yummy. . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment