These are the words that came from my son's mouth when I told him I fixed the toilet today while he was at preschool.
See Friday the lever broke and I finally today got around to going to the store for a new one. I got tired of everyone using my bathroom. So I get it and it looks fairly simple to change out so I went ahead and did it (okay it was one of the easiest fixes/installs I have ever done). Took maybe five minutes. My son comes home from preschool and I told him that I fixed it and he responded "no way Mom!" then he asks if I got Daddy to help. I said no and there was a look of amazement on his face. "Did you ask Daddy how?" "no" "No way Mom!" "did you use Daddy's tools?" "nope it didn't need tools" (like I said really easy just a big plastic nut- although I did go in later and tighten it with a wrench as my hand tightening isn't very tight). "No way mom!"
Okay I was getting tired of that phrase, I promise I do do work around the house but Mike does usually fix the toilets (we have had to replace valves in all of them and said four year old was his helper for at least one of them). But the look of admiration in his eyes was priceless. Apparently I am a hero and way cool. At least in a four year olds eyes cause mommy didn't have to ask daddy for help.
I splurged and bought a pretty one :)
1 comment:
WOW! I actually noticed that you did buy a pretty one.
Don't tell Travis. I am hoping to play the "dumb" wife role as long as possible. I know I am smart, but no one else needs to know that. Hee hee.
Post a Comment