So I was hanging out at my mom's house this Saturday while Mike fixed their computer. Mom and Grandma and I were sitting around visiting and I got to hear stories about my family I had never heard before. Grandma talked about how she got to welcome (the first speaker who welcome the main guest) David o McKay(he wasn't the Prophet then) at her Seminary graduation and when she sat down next to him he patted her hand to assure her she had done well. I also learned that my great something grandfather baptised David o McKay because his father was on a mission a the time and they were friends. Also I heard about my great grandfather swiping watermelons with David O McKay as children (they grew up together). My daughter was so excited saying "I know that story I read it in the Friend!" Of course I can't find the article now. . . Oh well. Also his (my great grandfather's) wife apparently did some sewing for David o McKay and sewed some of his pants. Oh and she told a story of my Uncle going up to President McKay at the cemetery when he was young and standing by him and President McKay stopping his conversation and turning to my uncle to talk to him. President McKay Had a brother with the same name as my uncle and told him that if he ended up like his brother he would be a fine man.
Hopefully I remembered all of this right :)
No comments:
Post a Comment