Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Adventures with Sweetie-

We have Sweetie of Audra fame joining us this weekend as her family attends Audra's grandmothers funeral in Idaho. It has been a day filled with adventure. It started off with a Sweetie who would only let me hold her so I could not put up her bed until I got her back to sleep, which of course I didn't mind, I love holding sleeping babies. (she came early in the morning and was still tired if you are wondering- no I didn't just plan on her sleeping the day away!) After she was settled in I got a few things done before the rest of the family appeared. All late of course since there is no school today, I am not sure what Mike's excuse was!
Sweetie let Bam Beana get her up. We proceeded to eat chocolate chip waffles and fruit. YUM! Sweetie then helped us clean up the loft and hallway (gotta take advantage of the free labor, ya know!) After we did that I desperately needed a shower so Beana volunteered to get Sweetie dressed while I was busy. Thanks my, gasp, almost thirteen year old! (Sunday YIKES- am I ready for a teenager?) Back on topic. So the girls picked out her outfit and managed to get her dressed. I am so proud. They tried to do her hair . . . valiant effort but I had to sweep in and fix it. ( I am tired sorry for the bad pun) This was the results:


Now in my defense I haven't done a little girls hair in years, I think my girls stopped letting me do their hair years ago. Sunshine would much rather have her big sister do it. SIGH. As you can see by Sweeties choice in seats she was ready and rearing to go for the day. I then got to put the car seat in the car. Thankfully I had helped Nadia in Washington take hers out and so I Know how the tethers work (none of our car seats where tether ones- I feel old) She boogied in the car with the girls. They danced in the seats and sang! First stop the pharmacy. Sunshine has been on antibiotics for three days (I promise Audra- she is not contagious!) and still after much hard effort has not been able to swallow the pills. She was getting very tired of having to take the capsule apart after failing to swallow it and mixing the contents with something. So I called this morning and convinced them to let me switch her to liquid after much talking. (yes I know she is ten and she has to then take 4 tsps each time but you try and deal with the tears and frustration! She tired so hard and wanted the liquid I couldn't resist and after listening to me a while neither could the dr office) So they faxed in the RX at 8 :45. So by almost 11 it should be done right? Well I drive through to the window and they insist the dr office never called it in. SO I call dr office and they insist they faxed it at 8:45 but will fax it again immediately. SO I got to go in and make sure the pharmacy got the RX and then wait the 30 mins they call 15. Sweetie charmed everyone waiting and was the darling of the pharmacy. My phone only got dropped once too! Finally they called my name and dwe were off!
Grandma Nolly's house with G Grandam Packer was next. We ate apples and more apples and helped clean out a room, change sheets vacuum and lots of other helpful daughter stuff!


Sweetie LOVED the apples. And could con anyone out of theirs!


She loves chasing around the kids. LOVED it. But she also loved playing in the play house and taking a two hour nap! Thankfully strange bed strange house and strange people (trust me we are strange :) ) didn't affect her ability to take a nap quietly and peacefully. She even slept though wild child noise!
She also helped Grandma Nolly and WC put bows on packages but no pics of that because I had to make sure she didn't step ON the packages in her helpfulness. She WAS helpful though. and cute! Here is a snap of WC.



We came back minus Beana and Sunshine (one to her mom's the other to keep GGrandma company) and ate McDonald's! My boys about died because I let them get Happy meals! She dipped her nuggets in ketchup and her fries in sweet n sour! Gotta love the girl.
Now it is off to bed! night!
Oh I almost forgot- the funniest thing about the day- listening to my kids argue about who got to do stuff for Sweetie. They all LOVE having her here. And she has been soo good. She only screached once! and that was in the car becasue she was so excited!

2 comments:

Audra said...

thx amy! I miss her and loved reading this on my phone. AWESOME pictures and her hair is cute. I owe you big. CALL Trev or Scottee if you need a break but I am sure you and Mike will be fine. XOXO

Trevlyn said...

Yep! Consider us backup, Amy! What darling pictures; looks like fun!