Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation without and with kids

So after the reunion my mom and I went down to Tooele (pronounced Twowilla- yes I promise I am not teasing!) to see my brother Clay and his lovely wife Jorden in the play Annie.  Of course I was stupid and didn't take any pictures.  They did fantastic!  We stayed for church and dinner on Sunday and Clay made the BEST chocolate cheesecake.  Yumm!!! 

We spent the rest of the week cleaning out Grandma's house and going out to eat.  It was hard work but I was so grateful to be able to give that last bit of service to my grandmother. 

My family joined me Thursday night to spend the Fourth weekend in the much cooler climate of Utah.  They got into town we went to a yummy place to eat and then headed to my Aunt Susan's.  We hadn't been there but a few minutes when we hear this blood curdling scream from the backyard.  I run outside to see blood dripping from Bear's head.  The boys had been playing gold with plastic golf clubs and Bear was standing to close to wild child and got whacked in the head.  So first night of family vacation was spent in the urgent care getting staples.  The staff was so kind and wonderful and Bear was so good and brave!  When they were cleaning off where his head split open the nurse said she could stop if it hurt to much.  He grimaced a little and she asked if he wanted her to stop.  His response "Are you done yet?"  "no" "well then why would you stop?"  So practical.  I think he just wanted to get it over and done with.  He thought they were joking at first when they said they were going to put a staple in his head because he laughed.  You could tell when he figured out they were serious because he got quiet and pale.  He didn't scream or cry or anything though- just sat very still.  So proud.  It meant no swimming for a week so our Cherry Hill plans went out the window.  But we had fun anyways.


His staple.  He had to show it off to everyone.  I mean how often can you say you have a staple in your head?

No comments: