Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gotta love free!

I had a craving to do something fun today as we have worked hard all week.  I asked the kids this morning what they wanted to do.  Bear's first response was an enthusiastic "Can we go to the Heard Museum?".  He has never gone and wanted to go. For those who aren't familiar the Heard Museum is a museum of Native American History and art.  The Heard Museum has had free Saturdays in July. So we thought why not?  We got everyone dressed and headed down.  We had a blast.  There was so much to see and do.  We also were able to watch a performance of Native American dances.  I only brought Mike's point and shoot so none of those pics turned out ( I should have brought mine but I wanted something to fit into my purse).  Oh well.  The weather today was so wonderful, overcast and under 100.  Probably should have done soemthng outside but today was the last free day and it did rain off and on all day. 

We got there fairly early- it wasn't very crowded yet.  The parking lot was packed by the time we left.

 Sitting waiting for the performance to start.  The favorite was the hoop dance.


 Gotta try grinding corn!  This is what I remember most from my visit on a field trip as a child. 



We had a great time! 

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Oh my, they are growing up. I swear it has only been five months since I saw them last!