No oldest in this picture but still cute!
But for me my favorite Christmas memories are the memories of seeing my kids enjoying the traditions my husband and I enjoyed as a child. Decorating the Christmas tree and trying my hardest not to "fix" it. Decking the house out with holiday spirit. ( I love Christmas decorations). Going shopping to find the perfect gift for each other (and fighting over what the perfect gift is). Seeing their joy as we spend Christmas Eve with friends and act out the Nativity. Hearing the jokes about "I wonder what we are opening on Christmas Eve". The awe of the luminarias as we drive and see them and Christmas lights every Christmas Eve. Leaving cookies out for Santa. The excitement seeing what Santa brought. Presents with codes on them so we don't know what goes to who (we didn't do it this year too many group gifts and too few all around but they loved it last year and my parents still do it) Or the anticipation as they wait to see their siblings or parent open the gift they bought them, just knowing that they will love it. Hearing them sing Christmas songs at the top of their lungs- and if you have ever heard my youngest sing you know that is loud. His favorite this year is Silent Night-last year it was I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Spending time with friends and family. Hearing them talk about what Christmas is about and it not being just Santa and presents. But mostly just enjoying their JOY as they celebrate Christs birth.
note to self- assignment fornext year- to get pictures of all these traditions and memories. I have some but not others.

No comments:
Post a Comment