Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B Hinckley

Photo courtesy of www.lds.org

Our Beloved Prophet passed away last night at the age of 97. I am so very grateful for the blessings he brought into my life. We probably shouldn't have favorites, but he has always been mine since long before he was prophet. I love his sense of humor and his gentle kind voice and the great love he has for everyone. I loved hearing his speak several times each general conference and will greatly miss that this year. I will miss is words of wisdom and guidance. I will miss the sweet spirit that is there when he speaks. It amazes me all that he did as prophet. He will be missed.



I remember working at BYU's Museum of Art when the Imperial Tombs of China exhibit was there. The quorum of the Twelve and their wives came through on night. We were told to respect them and leave them be and just do our work. It was a busy night so I was hurrying around busy stocking shelves etc. As I was trying to get past the crowd to go put something up I was backing up and walking sideways when I heard one of my coworkers call my name. I turn around to realize I almost backed right into Sister Hinckley. I got the sweetest smile as I apologized and hurried on to finish my work. They were so very cute together. He must be so happy to be reunited with his beloved wife.

I am grateful for my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the blessings that have come into my life from it. I am grateful for the Prophet and how much he and his sweet spirit has touched my life.

No comments: