
If you have citrus trees this is a familiar sight. Bags full of lemons, grapefruits etc. . . Well this is the first year our trees grew so much that we had enough and then some. I think we had three times the lemons as last year. It was a good year. We drank homemade lemonade at least once a week for months and months. And we had lemon bread and lemon cookies and . . . My kids who love grapefruit ate so many that I don't know if they could look at one right now. So after giving away many grocery bags worth I still had several bags left to juice. I think it took me three days total (only 10 or so hours total I think) to juice all of it. I ended up with over 30 cups of lemon juice and 5 or more cups of zest. I am so excited. Homemade lemonade is WAY better than store bought. Nothing beats it. Still not enough juice to have it once a week till next harvest but a couple times a month at least (it takes 2 cups lemon juice to make enough for my family for a meal.) And I can still make lemon bread. Although with a wedding open house coming in August it may go faster than planned. I may be crazy because it was worth it and I am even thinking of planting a lime tree!
Since I was zesting them I had to wash them first!

Since I was zesting them I had to wash them first!
Just some of the results. Each bag has 2 cups lemon juice in it and I froze some in ice cube trays for when I need small amounts. 1 cube= 2 tablespoons.






No comments:
Post a Comment