
My parents are remodeling their kitchen. I forgot to take a before but the above is their kitchen last October. Tiny galley kitchen with low ceilings and a tiny den behind it. The cabinets wouldn't stay closed and . . . anyways it was definitely needed! They still need to do a back splash and get a few appliances installed but here is the after. New floors will be done in a few years.
They got rid of the den and opened the kitchen into it. They also knocked down a good portion of the wall into the family room so that the kitchen is open to it. The ceiling in the den was a foot taller than in the kitchen and dinning area so they raised the ceiling to match the highest height. It feels so much bigger and more open.
There used to be a wall in front of the sink.
That is a full size freezer and a full size fridge side by side. It looks like one unit but two was much more economical. They had it raised on a small platform to make it easier to reach the bottom.
Teh cooktop will go in the cabinet that juts out slightly in the middle of the kitchen. There will be a hood instaleld also.











6 comments:
Wow, fun!
Wow! Now I know what the Celestial Kingdom must look like!
What happened to my Mom's kitchen? As long as they re install the faucet that I put in years ago, that was about my first DIY project. Looks fantastic, now I just have to come down and see it.
Spense
HOLY COW!!! I can't believe the change. I bet your mom is in heaven. I am so glad that you posted pics. It looks fabulous!!! Especially now that she has no kids at home to mess it up.
Spense-
We would love to have you down anytime :) New faucet though, sorry:(
Allison-
She loves it! Although we live near by and visit often so my kids mess it up plenty :)
Man is that beautiful!
Post a Comment