Sunday, November 23, 2008
One day this WILL be funny- or so I tell myself
I have to believe it. To stay sane. Today my 5 year old was changing in his room and decided he couldn't hold in his pee anymore. As he wasn't dressed and didn't want his sisters to see him naked he thought a reasonable solution was to pee under his desk. Sigh. It is funny, right? Please tell me other kids with good parents do really dumb things like this right? I HAVE taught him proper hygiene and respect of property and apparently modesty too. SIGH. I told him next time that happens to run to the bathroom screaming "close your eyes". That peeing on the floor is NOT the proper response. I am a good mom. Usually. I promise! I do teach them, I just need to work on getting through better. I am determined to think this is funny, one day in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You've got just the right perspective if you ask me. It will be funny some day in the future. But that day is not today. Feel free to try some primal scream therapy.
It might be funny someday. I hope.
At least you didn't take a picture of it. Thanks.
Boys will be boys.
RHM likes to pee when I cut his hair. I HATE IT! I put him up on the bathroom sink, give him a sucker to sit still and go to town - so does he. I should be grateful he pees in the sink and not the carpet, I guess. :)
I was telling Brad about this last night and we could just picture the whole thing. It made us laugh...maybe you'll think it is funny after you are sure the mess will come out of the carpet?!!
Remember the chant "I love my children, I love my children!" And yes, someday you can tease him with this story with his future wife!
Post a Comment