Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Priorities


Photo courtesy of www.chex.com
I bought wheat Chex a week or so ago with the intention of making muddy buddies with them (YES my kids actually like wheat chex.) I don't make them usually when BamBeana is around as she is allergic (extremely mild) to peanuts and I hate making treats she can't have when she is here. Well Bear has been eating them for breakfast all week. Luckily I bought several boxes but I thought I better make some before they disappear. BamBeana is gone for the evening with a friend eating pizza and having fun so I thought I would do it tonight with the kids- once they cleared the table and emptied the dishwasher of course (you have to have a place to put the dirty bowls). After that torture was done it was time for fun. Sunshine got all the ingredients out and wild child got his apron on. As we start to make them my mind wandered to this cool blog I saw today. It was one of those click on a link on a friends page and then click on a link on that page and etc. I don't even remember whose blog. Anyways, on there she had these amazing, I mean amazing pictures of her making treats with her kids. The cool bowls she used up close, bowls with stuff in them, close ups of them making them, the finished product etc. . . I was thinking I could do that. My personal photos have been very snapshots and boring lately and it would be fun. But then I remembered how last time I did that the kids rolled their eyes and said "MOM" and I decided that my kids were more important than some photos. I was going to be working a bit( two sessions) tomorrow, okay a bit the next month on Saturdays and a few nights (it is busy family season). My kids deserved fun no camera involved Mom's undivided attention fun. The really cool pictures will have to wait for another time. Now if I can keep from eating all the muddy buddies in one night I will be doing good. They are addictive. YUM!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

YUMMM! I LOVE muddy buddies!