Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bears 8th birthday fun









This was on his birthday and the family party. He wanted Ice Cream sundaes instead of cake. He loved his new bat and got some other cool stuff such as a pinewood derby practice trap a book with magnetic experiments and a plane. I still can't believe he is 8!



Friend PARTY!
We decided to have the friend part on the half day. Lucky for him his dad was able to get the day off! Woo hooo! He decided to have a building tool construction type party. so the invitations had tools on it and he wanted a toolbox birthday cake. I ran out of time so it was frosted quickly. Ignore the frost job and enjoy the concept. I think the hardest thing for him was limiting his guest limit to the required one guest per year of age. But 8 seven and eight year olds was all this poor mom can handle. I admire the cub den leaders to no end!







The yummy chocolate cake that stained your teeth red!








For the party we built and painted wood models (a steal at Michael's for a buck each- I love good finds) and had a tool relay race. First the kids had to put on their tool belt (cheap cheap cheap - under $1)) and then had to get the screwdriver out of the tool belt (I am not sure if the parent's liked the party favors but what little boy doesn't want his own screwdriver?) and screw one screw down. They then had to go and hammer one nail down (don't worry mike started all of them so no nail holding was required and thus no smashed fingers). They then had to go back to their team and pass the hammer off (did I mention the hammer was the relay baton and they had to carry it with them the whole time?) and it was the next person's turn. First time through all team members won. Funny thing was it was literally a tie! I guess we evened the teams out well. A good time was had by all!

Now I get to plan a baptism!

4 comments:

Amber said...

That cake is too adorable. Just ridiculously cute.

Unknown said...

Ahh Thanks!

Denise said...

What a fun party! I love the cake! It looks like lots of work--but you are a creative woman! Glad he had a great time! I can't believe they are 8! Where did the time go?

Jennifer said...

That looked like a seriously cool party. Happy birthday to Bear! I understand your feeling and DS just turned 8 here in January. So weird.