Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Day March 14, 2009 (Or as my kids say- My mom is CRAZY!)


So my kids thought I was crazy (really they told me so) because I recorded part of my day with my camera. I haven't taken pictures just for fun for me in a while and I wanted to. Now I just wish I had thought of it BEFORE 2 pm but oh well.
So here is my busy day in pictures.
We got up at 8 or so. Ate breakfast and read the paper. By 9 we gave ultimatums to kids about cleaning and started cleaning. I started more laundry while Mike started folding the huge piles from last week .
Yes these socks are clean! My sons are very hard on their socks. VERY hard. I think the poor school has to add more sand every other day because I swear half a sandbox comes home in their shoes each day! I really should collect it and give it back to the school. Is it stealing if I don't? Hmm maybe I need to repent. You should have seen the mounds of laundry we did today but I didn't think to take a pic of it till only a few piles were left and it was the kids' socks or their underwear. You are welcome kids!
While Mike was folding laundry, I did dishes, and cleaned off counters and the table and scrubbed the cabinet doors and sides and drawers and the sink and the appliances and the backsplash and the chairs and. . .

I even polished the appliances with stainless steel cleaner so that they SHINED! Oh yeah Mike swept and I mopped (with wrist braces of course. . . I had to look my best!). . . and did more laundry. . . did I tell you there were mounds upon mounds? It is a good thing I don't have any really little kids, they might have gotten lost in all the laundry. . . Mike almost did!

So I discovered a good cleaning threat- no pinewood derby car making until you clean!


He got to use the saw himself. As you know from his birthday he is obsessed with tools! I think he was in heaven. I am sorry Carrie (his den leader)- he may act like a know it all at the next den meeting when you discuss tools. Just blame Mike :P


Of course there was a section where Dad had to help. I can't tell if he is intently watching to learn or if he is sad he isn't doing it! I am just so glad they finally got it cut out, I have been hearing about it for WEEKS!

Just for fun.


He had to watch and "help" of course. We ran out of goggles so he got to see the whole thing in 3D. SCARY! I think his brother just "loved" his "help"!



Yes we are brave and no no smashed thumbs. YEAH! I didn't have time for a trip to the emergency room!


So my husband and my son at this point were like "you are so weird and why are you taking pictures of a car clamped to a table?" "Cause it looks cool" I said and kept shooting anyways. I already know I am weird. And proud of it!

So my cub then sat in the garage for a LONG time- seriously like an hour sanding the thing and was truly sad when he was done. And excited when dad got home from the store and pointed out where else he could sand, lol! Next painting - - - WoooHoo!

So while the cub scout was sanding Wild child and Mike went to get a few hairs cut. Okay way more than a few and LOTS cut off! Like Wild Child wasn't sassy enough now he gets a sassy hair cut?
Before:
After:


The shortest he has ever had it. Way to cute! And he knows it. Look out world!
(we won't talk about his definition of putting your clothes away. . . I don't need any more stress)
Then I got to make dinner:


Homemade lemonade- YUMMM I LOVE this time of year. I need to make lemon bread and bars and. . . Oh and if you want any red grapefruit PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come and get it. I can only store so much frozen grapefruit juice! And as much as my kids love grapefruit they are getting tired of eating it. And if no one comes and claims some I may be forced to doorbell ditch grapefruit. So beware!



We also had grapes that Mike picked up when he ran to the store for the pepperoni I thought I had in the fridge. SIGH. I have NO brain!
And last but certainly not least, homemade pizza! "Mom are you really going to take a picture of the pizza before we can eat?" " Yes dear I am and yes I know I am crazy and I love you!"
I forgot to take a picture of us playing Bohnanza and eating ice cream. I was still moving laundry and fold it in between everything and I got distracted. Too bad it would have been fun to make everyone mad as their ice cream melted while I took pictures of it. . . .Maybe next time.
I need to go and move more laundry. .. Did I mention mounds?

5 comments:

Amber said...

Great idea. Sometimes we leave out the small moments and details and those are what our lives are truly made up of, right?

Carla said...

I love this post!! Now, I just need to see some photos of you doing stuff too! By the way, I love grapefruit but I can't drive with my broken foot!

Unknown said...

I will put you on my list to doorbell ditch then!

Deidre said...

LOVE LOVE the hair Nate. You are a good lookin kid.

Harmony said...

Amy, I totally need to pick your brain about photography--after I get a few more lessons under my belt so I have a clue. I love these pictures of normal everyday stuff. I took some black and white pictures of laundry and dirty dishes and the vacuum one day when I was feeling particularly like Cinderella. Sometimes real life needs to be recorded too!