WARNING- picture overload!
My brother and his wife Jorden were married two weeks ago (see blog post a few down). They had their open house Saturday. It was in my parents backyard at 7pm at night. Saturday the temp was 20 degrees LESS than the day before. So the sweater I bought for the wedding in Idaho and didn't use because it wasn't cold enough got brought out. It was a little on the cool side. So very nice. My parents decorated everything BEAUTIFULLY. I will have pictures of that later. So far all I have edited are the more formal shots. I didn't take a large number because they had those done at the wedding but I wanted to do a few. Because it was very dark, I brought my studio light with me to have some nice even lighting. My first time taking them on location, my first time shooting a bride and groom my first open house, my first major at night (not just fun snapshots) shots. Overall I am happy with them. I tried a few different effects on some of them. Not sure what I think. When I get the rest of the open house edited I will probably play some more. I will let you know more about the open house later. Overall it was a very nice evening but a little eventful. Enjoy!



My cutie patooties with their Aunt and Uncle. They were helpers for the night. The boys helped guests sign in and took presents (sometimes with Dad or big sis help) and the girls cleared tables and whatever else was needed. They did great.




















4 comments:
Awesome! The bridals are my fav!
Love the shots. Love the couple. Love your kids.
L
O
V
E
your parents' backyard! Amazing.
I think I need to stop looking at pictures because they are wonderful and it just makes me sad that we weren't around! My Mom said they thought it was pretty and seemed like a really great evening. Oh yeah this is D.
Great photos Amy!
Post a Comment